I was born and raised in London and one of my favourite things about the city is that it is multicultural. I have always been curious about differences and embraced the diversity that was all around me, from a young age. I learn from and value working with people from diverse backgrounds.
I am an integrative counsellor & psychotherapist, which means that I bring together different elements of specific therapies, tailored to suit the individual needs and personal circumstances of my clients. I believe that we are all unique individuals and no one single approach can help everyone in all situations. I tailor my approach to suit the individual needs.
My Qualifications and Experience
I am a qualified counsellor/psychotherapist and clinical supervisor. I have diplomas in therapeutic counselling and clinical supervision. I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
The BACP is the largest professional body representing counselling and psychotherapy in the United Kingdom. They set the standards, values, and ethical guidelines by which therapists work to.
I have over 8 years’ experience of working therapeutically in varying roles, which have included:
- Volunteer listener with the Samaritans
- Providing group and 1-1 therapy for young people in mainstream secondary schools and pupil referral units
- Providing group and 1-1 therapy for adults in prisons
- Management and supervision of a counselling service for a charity organisation
- Private therapy and supervision practice face to face and online
The second step is acceptance."
- Nathaniel Brandon