Hello and a very warm welcome to my website
Do you avoid saying the word “No” because this is a much safer option than the potential of having to deal with conflict?
Do you feel afraid that your decisions would cause upset and you will end up being disliked and feel rejected?
My name is Damian, and I am an experienced Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist based in East London. Some of the areas I cover include Canning Town, Plaistow, Bethnal Green and Stratford. My own experience of being in therapy helped me to realise that in the past, I spent so much time searching for acceptance from others. I often felt rejected when I believed that they did not accept me. What I failed to realise then, is that acceptance starts with accepting one’s self.
If I do not accept who I am as a person, how am I going to receive and even trust being accepted by others? I understand that not being your authentic-self may leave you feeling frustrated, angry, guilty and trapped. I can help you to start living a life of being true to yourself and to feel comfortable with communicating your needs. To learn more about how I can help you, click here. If you are interested in supervision services, click here.
In therapy, we can work together to help you:
- Build your confidence, self-worth & self-esteem
- Identify specific triggers that may be causing disruptive patterns of behaviour
- Identify issues or problems in a relationship and find a way through those difficulties
- Develop skills and gain insight to feel better and help prevent depression from coming back
- Manage stress & anxiety
- Stop self-harming
- Manage anger in better ways when it comes up
- Through the stages of grief following a bereavement and other personal losses